NCJW is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
Powered by the Jewish imperative to ensure dignity for all, we impact policy, advocate for justice, and support the community.
NCJW - Greater Long Beach & West Orange County
Provides and encourages advocacy through:
Action in coalition with community organizations such as CLUE, Long Beach Immigrant Rights Coalition, Homelessness Task Force, Long Beach Human Trafficking Task Force and others
- Lobby Day in Sacramento and Washington Institute
- Visits to local representatives
- Participation in online National NCJW Action Center and NCJW CA Rapid Response Team
Provide opportunities to participate in philanthropy:
- Chai Campaign for Life Members, Annual Campaign for Annual Members
- Fundraiser Games Day
- Charter Day
- Tribute Funds: General Fund, Linda Calderón Memorial Scholarship Fund, Denise Berro LBUSD Kindergarten Festivals Fund, HugPacks Fund, College Student Nutrition Fund, Senior Outreach Fund, Domestic Violence Fund
Provide Community Service:
- Hug Packs for foster children
- Thanksgiving Tea for families of For The Child
- Backpacks for kindergarteners
- Support JFCS
- Project Shabbat
And much more.